Jupiter Car Accident Attorney
Serving West Palm Beach and all of South Florida from our Jupiter Office.
Car accidents happen daily in Florida. While some are minor fender-benders with no serious injuries, others can lead to long-term and permanent issues.
While you are covered by Personal Injury Protection (PIP) insurance, it is less than adequate for more serious injuries – some of which can require you to take several days, weeks, and even months off from work.
While insurance companies will try to confuse you or even offer you a settlement that seems great, it’s important to have an car accident attorney who will work alongside you through negotiations to ensure that your current and long-term costs are addressed.
Why Car Accidents are Common in Florida
While car accidents can happen for a number of reasons, it is important to note that not all car accidents qualify for personal injury claims. Some examples of negligent driving would include:
- Distracted driving
- Drowsy driving
- Reckless driving
- Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Using prescription drugs and operating a vehicle
- Texting and driving
Car accident cases are one of the more common personal injury claims seen in civil court. Tony Bennett Law has gained valuable insight and experience in these types of cases. We understand that while most of these involve reckless behaviors or negligence, sometimes they also involve product defects.
Compensation You May Be Entitled To
After your PIP insurance benefits have been used up, which can often happen in a single hospital visit, you will have to file a claim against the negligent driver in order to get further compensation. Additional compensation can cover:
- Medical Costs – Including past, current, and future medical bills for doctors’ visits, physical therapy, rehabilitation costs, prescriptions and surgeries or hospitalizations required.
- Lost Wages – If you have to take time off work because of your injury or you will be on reduced hours for an extended period of time, then you may be able to recover those lost wages in your personal injury settlement.
- Pain and Suffering – Because car accident victims are often left with emotional as well as physical trauma, you may be entitled to pain and suffering compensation. But, this type of compensation is reserved for specific cases; therefore, you will want to discuss your case with an attorney to see if you qualify. PIP does not cover pain and suffering.
- Property Damage – From the damage to your vehicle to even belongings inside your vehicle, you can receive reimbursement for those items not covered by insurance.
Contact Tony Bennett Law Today for a Free Consultation
At Tony Bennett Law, we will help you understand your legal rights, explore your options, and ensure that you receive a settlement for your case.
We are here to help you get through your car accident. Contact Tony Bennett Law today at 561-972-7021 for a free consultation or fill out the online contact form with your questions.