Wrongful Death Attorney
Serving Jupiter, Palm Beach Gardens, West Palm Beach and all of Florida
The death of a loved one is a devastating event – especially when it occurs unexpectedly due to an accident or the reckless behavior of another person. If you have lost a family member, you have been left alone to deal with the grief as well as the financial future of your family and any potential dependents.
At Tony Bennett Law, our wrongful death attorneys are here to help you. While there is no dollar amount that could ever make up for the loss of a loved one, we want you to be financially stable and know that we are here to seek justice for your loved one’s death.
Understanding Wrongful Death Laws and Your Rights
Under Florida tort laws, an individual, company or government agency that caused the death of another due to recklessness or carelessness can be held legally responsible for the death. Even if they are not convicted of a criminal act, they can be held for the civil liabilities for their actions. Wrongful death laws fall under tort laws and allow close family – such as spouses, minor children or even parents – to pursue a claim against the responsible party.
You may be eligible to collect damages for:
- Medical and Funeral Expenses – You may be able to recover medical costs that incurred as part of the incident that led to your loved one’s death. The funeral expenses or burial costs may also be covered under this compensation.
- Loss of Income or Benefits – When your loved one passes away, you will lose their income and possibly even their retirement benefits. You can recover these losses as part of your compensation. Our attorneys work with economic teams to determine how much your loved one would have earned over the course of their lifetime and what retirement benefits you lost because of their death to come to a fair settlement amount.
- Pain and Suffering – This includes the emotional and mental trauma you and your loved ones have dealt with because of the loss of your loved one as well as any pain your loved one suffered for a long-term injury or illness that led to death.
- Parental Companionship – If you lost your spouse and your children will no longer have their father or mother, you can sue for the loss of parental companionship for the emotional pain associated with losing a parent.
- Punitive Damages – These are rare, but can be awarded in cases where the death was intentional or due to reckless or gross negligent behaviors.
Contact a Wrongful Death Attorney Today
No matter the reasons for your loved one’s death – whether it was a drunk driver, medical error or other act, you may be entitled to compensation for their loss. You will need to contact an attorney in Florida that handles these types of cases. Contact Tony Bennett Law today for your free consultation regarding your wrongful death. We handle these types of cases involving:
- Vehicle and truck accidents
- Pedestrian or bike accidents
- Nursing home abuse
- Unsafe premises
- Birth injuries
- Medical malpractice
- Boat or jet ski injuries
- Defective products
Call today to schedule your consultation with our compassionate attorneys.